Bob and Patty

Bob and Patty
11/30/1988

About Us

My photo
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Bob and I first met when a mutual friend set us up on a blind date in June of 1988. We were engaged in September 1988 and married in Salt Lake City November 30, 1988. One year later we moved to Texas with GTE (Verizon). This is our story...

Friday, July 10, 2009

The Love of My Life

Life just seems too short some days. It sad that something has to happen in order for me to realize how short our time here is. Do I spend my time on things that will matter the least? Probably....Does it take a crisis to remind me whats important.....YES always!!! Can I just tell you how incredibly lucky I am to be married to Bob?

A couple of months ago, Bob was complaining of some head pain....he never complains...he went to one of our pcp who sent him to his ENT doctor for sinus pain....after sinus surgery the doctor felt his headaches would go away...during the last couple months, several dollars spent for prescriptions and copays, Bob was not getting better. Finally, last weekend was the worst I had EVER seen him. He was sleeping more then normal all day and night. He would complain of his head hurting so bad...I guess sleep was the only temporary escape from the pain . This went on til Tuesday when he came in from leaving for work to tell me he had thrown up on his way. I went in to work and made an appointment for our office nurse practitioner. She sent him for a stat MRI which provided the reason for his headaches, two subdural hematomas. I picked him up to go directly to Plaza Medical in Fort Worth. There we would be expected by a Neurologist, Neurosurgeon,and Internist....all called personally by Dr. Sudha who I work for. That was one of the hardest drives I have ever made. We couldn't really talk it was so emotional....the unknown...what was wrong...so many questions went through my mind as I drove us to the hospital. Since our trip to the ER, Bob had 3 ct scans, 1MRA, 2 IV's, a central line, O2, A-line. and several blood tests....and finally surgery.

Robbie and Jamie were able to fly in first class with American Airlines thanks to the generosity of Stephanie's mother in law, Bridgett, who gave them two of her family passes. You see Bridgett works for American Airlines where she receives flight benefits. She checked them in the night before so they could get on the plane. the surgery was sceduled for 7:30 a.m. on Thursday. Robbie must of prayed extremely hard because surgery was delayed til after 1 p.m. This enabled them to get into town and see Bob before surgery. It was so good to have all my kids home. We missed Jeff during the surgery, but with Philmont time-off he couldn't get off work.
Bob's surgery went well-he had a craniotomy on the left side and burrow holes on the right side. Can I just tell you how blessed I feel. This could of had a different ending had we ignored any longer. How blessed, comforted, supported and loved I have felt through this whole process. We have had such an outpouring of love and support from family and friends, we feel the comfort from all the prayers on our behalf. At this time, Bob is still in the hospital with the hopes of having drains taken out tomarrow and being moved out of neu icu.
Today is July 13, 2009, Today is a new day in a new room. Bob was moved out of ICU and transported by wheel chair to the 7th floor....yeah!!!! Drains were taken out yesterday and the incision revealed...WOW! I'm speechless! He is getting ready to come home. Bob was released on 7/15/2009 to go home...and not a day too soon. lol

Today is 7/24/2009 after a week of being home Bob had some problems with blood clotts and his blood pressure so he was taken by ambulance yesterday back to Plaza Medical in Fort worth. Can I just say how scared I was to have him faint...even for 15 seconds...it was scarey. He has a pulmonary embolism which requires him to stay in bed and have a blood thinner (hepron) to breakdown the clotts.

No comments: