Bob and Patty

Bob and Patty
11/30/1988

About Us

My photo
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Bob and I first met when a mutual friend set us up on a blind date in June of 1988. We were engaged in September 1988 and married in Salt Lake City November 30, 1988. One year later we moved to Texas with GTE (Verizon). This is our story...

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hospital Day 6

Ok so we are waiting for the doctor to come in and release Bob from the hospital. He entered the Plaza Medical ER on 7/23/2009 by ambulance. Ya see, he decided to pass out on me. Now that was a scary experience. After arriving in the ER and having a CT scan of his head...to make sure no bleeding. He had a scan of his left leg to find 2 blood clotts. Later that night, he had a STAT CT scan of his chest to find 3 more clotts, called PE or Pulmonary Emblysts. I stayed with him the first night....because I was scared and Dr. Kirby (a doctor I work with) suggested it. So for the last 6 days we have been in a VERY small room with double doors that bang, clank, and rattle every time....I mean everytime someone walks through them. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else then here with Bob.

I can tell he really wants to go home...today he has looked at the clock every minute and announced that he wants to go home.

All in all my love for him has grown. It's been hard to see him go through so much, but I have never felt more sure we have been watched over. I know God lives and he answers my prayers and the prayers of others. I have felt comforted and loved. It's amazing how a turn in your lifely road can be a positive experience. I'm glad I work where I do because I have doctor's that care for me and my family. I can't tell you how often I was called, texted, or e-mailed by my great employers just to check on me and especially Bob....daily. My life is great!!!!

Well the doctor came in and released us to go home....I say us...we have been in this room together for 6 whole days...will be glad to be home...permanetly....Finally! It's now 4:37 p.m. and will be home in a couple of hours....rush hour traffic will keep us from getting home any sooner....darn!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

i am glad you have made it home...hopefully no more trips any time soon!

JA and co. said...

Thanks for directing me to your blog...I love the Wicked pictures on the left :). And I'm glad everything is going well with Bob...I can't imagine how scary that would be.