Bob and Patty

Bob and Patty
11/30/1988

About Us

My photo
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Bob and I first met when a mutual friend set us up on a blind date in June of 1988. We were engaged in September 1988 and married in Salt Lake City November 30, 1988. One year later we moved to Texas with GTE (Verizon). This is our story...

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Girls, Sun, Bugs and hugs

Can I just tell you how great it is to be married to the scoutmaster. Bob has been a scoutmaster for many years. Although, he denies it, he has been off and on for over 15 years. The many young men that he has helped get to Eagle is amazing. I too benefit from his scout knowledge. I was asked in January to go to girls camp. Now this was not the first time I have been invited, but everytime it's so hard to say no, so ofcourse I said yes! I did let them know that they were asking the wrong Tucker. My husband loves the outdoors more than I do. He doesn't mind the bugs and other creepy crawler things in the outdoors. I have to talk myself into going everytime, so glad I do and did this year. All the years I've gone to camp, by far this year was the best! I had the best of everything. The best cabin, girls, sun, and not so many bugs....thank goodness. Let me start at the beginning: The week before going I started thinking about going and started to get things together. I am a planner so I had already finished making the handouts and fun stuff for the girls...we do that at camp. I wasn't the only one packing my stuff. My sweet husband had already gotten my camp supply list and began putting tubs of "camp stuff" on the dinning room table. Let me just tell you how grateful I was at camp for all his "stuff". When I arrived at camp, I unloaded3 tubs, 1 large cooler, food (really snacks and junk food), my bag of clothes, water, a sleeping bag, a box fan and 2 pillows. Throughout my time at camp I would open a tub or my back pack and find cute little reminders of the wonderful man that I married. He would put little notes on packages of insect bite medicine (incidentally I never used), neosporan to go, crackers (smore gold fish), and cookies (milanos...my favorite)...It made my time at camp so much more fun. The little treasures have been a Tucker tradition since he and Robbie (our oldest son) went to scout camp. I had forgotten until I opened containers and found these thoughtful treasures. My time at YW camp was so much fun. The place we went was fun and peaceful....I know I said that....even with approximately 200 girls but it was wonderful. I love the girls that I served, and the other leader that I was fortunate enough to serve with. We laughed so hard my side hurt. This was Katy's last camp year...for next year she will be too old and a high school graduate. Although, we didn't see eachother a lot, we still would sneak in a quick hug in between daily classes. All in all, this was not just one great experience, it was a lot of little ones wrapped in to 31/2 days of fun, sun, and not so many bugs......

1 comment:

The Chaffin's said...

They have smore goldfish?? I might have to look into those. Sounds like camp was a blast!!!